Fiscal Year 2022 – Total Potato Sales Q3
Topic: Retail Sales
Summary of total potato sales from Marketing Year 2022 - Quarter 3 (January 1 through March 31, 2022).
- Potato sales remain above levels in 2019 in both dollars and volume.
- January – March 2022 saw the highest price increases for potatoes.
- Canned potato sales are the only category that increased in both dollars and volume compared to 2021.
- Volume sales declined for chips, but dollars and units sold increased, showing a decline in pack size while demand increased.
- Frozen potatoes declined in dollars and volume compared to 2021.