Fiscal Year 2022 – Total Potato Sales Q4
Topic: Retail Sales
Summary of total potato sales from Marketing Year 2022 - Quarter 4 (April 1 through June 30, 2022).
- Potato retail sales increased in dollar sales and decreased slightly in volume from April – June 2022, compared to the same period in 2021.
- As prices increased by 13.6%, dollar sales increased by 12.6%.
- While total volume sales decreased 0.8% from the same timeframe a year ago, they remained above the same timeframe pre-pandemic in 2019.
- Three categories increased in volume and dollar sales: instant, refrigerated, and canned potatoes.
- The three categories that comprise the largest percentage of volume sales, which include potato chips, frozen potatoes, and fresh potatoes, all grew in dollar sales but fell slightly in volume sales.
- Potato chips increased by 13.7% in dollar sales and decreased by 1.1% in volume sales.
- Frozen potatoes increased by 14.7% in dollars and decreased by 1.2% in volume, and fresh potatoes increased by 11.7% in dollar sales and decreased by 0.8% in volume sales.