May 18, 2022
Nominations Open for 2021 Potatoes USA Board Members
May 26, 2020
Potatoes USA announces nominations are now open for new Board Members for the 2021-2024 term. The board is seeking nominees to fill a total of 60 open seats for producers from the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming and Importers.
Potatoes USA is the nation’s potato research and promotion organization and is the central organizing force in implementing programs to strengthen demand for U.S. potatoes. Potatoes USA provides the ideas, information, tools and inspiration for the industry to unite in achieving common goals.
All state potato organizations have received the information and materials to begin the process of seeking and nominating interested growers. Appointed growers will be seated on the Board at the 2021 Annual Meeting in Denver, March 8-11, 2021.
Board Member Guidelines
It serves the good of both potato production regions and Potatoes USA by recruiting Board Members who will take an active interest in participating on the Board. A Board Member should communicate the interests of his/her production region to the Board and carry the message of the Board back to his/her farming community. A nominee for Potatoes USA should be willing to:
- Attend the Board’s Annual meeting held in March each year of the three-year term, 2021-2024.
- Be active in the potato-farming community.
- Be visible in community work, participate in local government, cultural or business affairs—someone who is a leader.
- Be willing to represent and communicate with his/her constituents on a regular basis.
- Take the time to actively support Potatoes USA programs in his/her area.
- Speak to grower groups, newspaper reporters and interested parties about Potatoes USA programs, relating the value of the Board to all growers, how the 3-cent per hundredweight assessment is invested and ask for input from those interested in becoming active in the promotion of potatoes.
If you are interested in being considered by your state grower leadership to fill an open spot representing your state, please contact your state program manager. Alternatively, contact Carrie Brown at the Potatoes USA office in Denver, CO.
Executive Administrator and Director of HR
The nominating process will be completed by August 15, 2020.
The Department of Agriculture’s programs are open to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or marital status, and it is Potatoes USA’s policy that membership on the Board and its committees reflect the diversity of individuals served by its programs. It is therefore the Board’s policy to have the representation of producers from diverse backgrounds on its board and strongly encourages women, younger growers, minorities and persons with disabilities to seek nominations to the Board and to participate in the Board’s activities.
More news from Potatoes USA
May 10, 2022
May 5, 2022