Total Potato Sales: Oct. – Dec. 2022
Topic: Retail Sales
Summary of total potato sales from Fiscal Year 2023 - Quarter 2 (Oct. 1 - Dec. 31, 2022).
- Potato retail sales increased in dollar sales by 17.2% but decreased in volume sales by -1.3% from October – December 2022 compared to the same timeframe a year ago.
- Despite a slight decrease in volume sales, volume sales remain above pre-pandemic levels.
- All categories of potatoes increased in dollar sales, with the most significant occurring for frozen potatoes by 33.1%, followed by fresh potato sales at 20% and instant potatoes at 14.5%.
- Refrigerated potatoes were the only category to increase volume sales (3.3%).
- The largest decline in volume during the last quarter of 2022 was instant potatoes (-7.6%) and canned potatoes (-4.9%).
- Volume sales for potatoes were down for all other categories in the store, with an average decline of -1.3%.