Total Potato Sales: July – Sept. 2022
Summary of total potato sales from Fiscal Year 2022 - Quarter 1 (July 1 - Sept. 30, 2022).
- Over the last five years, the average consumer price per pound of potatoes has increased each year, with a high of $2.35 for the past quarter.
- Amidst the price increases, consumers still find potatoes to be an affordable product as dollar sales have continued to grow, and the volume of potatoes consumers purchase remains above levels in 2020.
- All categories of potatoes, except deli-prepared sides, increased in dollar sales, with the most significant occurring for frozen potatoes by 22.8%.
- Frozen potatoes were one of two categories that increased in volume sales (0.5%) and canned (0.2%).
- The biggest decline in volume for this timeframe was in refrigerated potatoes, down by 11.4%, and fresh potatoes, down by 3.4%.