Total Potato Sales: Jan. – March 2023
Topic: Retail Sales
Summary of total potato sales from Fiscal Year 2023 - Quarter 3 (Jan. 1 - March 31, 2023).
- Potato retail sales increased 16.0% in sales but decreased in volume by -4.4% from January – March 2023 compared to the same timeframe a year ago.
- Despite a decrease, volume sales remain above pre-pandemic levels.
- All categories of potatoes increased in dollars sales, with the most significant occurring for frozen potatoes at 41.9%, followed by instant potatoes at 16.5%, and fresh potatoes at 12.7%.
- Deli-prepared sides were the only category to increase volume sales (+2.1%).
- The most significant declines in volume during the first three months of 2023 were instant potatoes (-7.6%) and refrigerated potatoes (-5.8%).
- Volume sales for potatoes were down for most categories in the store, with an average decline of -4.4%.