MARKETING YEAR 2021 – FRESH POTATO SALES Q2
Topic: Retail Sales
Summary of fresh potato sales from Marketing Year 2021 - Quarter 2 (October 1 through December 31, 2020).
- Fresh potato sales continued five-year record highs in dollar and volume sales during Q2 MY21.
- Fresh potato dollar sales increased by 12% and volume sales increased by 8.2%.
- All potato types increased in dollar sales and volume sales except for purple potatoes. Purple potatoes may have declined in volume due to supply, not demand.
- Medley potatoes had the highest dollar and volume sales increases of any potato type.
- One through four-pound bags of potatoes increased the most in both dollar and volume sales, 23% and 18.8%, respectively.
- Eight-pound and greater than ten-pound bags saw double-digit growth in volume.
- Five-pound bags of potatoes remain the largest volume driver for retailers making up 46% of all volume sales.