Calendar Year 2020 – Fresh Potato Sales
Topic: Retail Sales
Summary of the 2020 Total Fresh Potatoes Sales from January 1 through December 31, 2020.
- Fresh potato sales were at five-year record highs in dollar and volume sales during 2020.
- Fresh potato dollar sales increased by 20.7%, and volume sales increased by 14.5%.
- All potato types increased in dollar sales and volume sales.
- Medley potatoes had the highest dollar and volume sales increases of any potato type.
- One-pound through-four pound bags of potatoes increased the most in volume sales by 18.7% and dollar sales saw double-digit growth.
- All package sizes saw double-digit growth in dollar sales.
- Five-pound bags of potatoes remain the largest volume driver for retailers making up 47% of all volume sales.