September 21, 2022
Potatoes USA Elects 2020 -2021 Leadership
March 27, 2020
Potatoes USA, the marketing and promotion board for the U.S. potato industry, elected its new leadership during its 48th Annual Meeting on March 11. The newly elected Chairman and Executive Committee will lead the 99 board members through 2020-2021.
Marty Myers of Boardman, Oregon was elected Chairman of the Board. Prior to this role, Myers served a six-year term on the board from 2010-2016 and co-chaired the International Marketing Committee for two of those years. He began his current term on the board in 2017 and co-chaired the International Marketing Committee for another three years.
Myers has been in the potato industry for 24 years and currently works for Threemile Canyon Farms, focusing on the chip, frozen and seed sectors. He is also R.D. Offutt Company’s Western Business Manager for Farming and Agriculture, where he oversees operations in Oregon, Washington and Nevada.
“It’s all about the great people in this industry,” Myers said when asked what he enjoys most about his work. “The potato industry truly is unique; it is a young, vibrant and diverse group.”
Myers said that as chairman, he is looking forward to working with the Executive and Administration Committees and the Potatoes USA staff to build on the great work that was done last year. He is also looking forward to working with growers from different regions across the U.S.
In addition to Myers, Potatoes USA’s 2020-2021 Executive Committee members are:
- Jeff Jennings of Camden, North Carolina, Chair of the Finance & Policy Committee
- Ed Staunton of Tulelake, California and Steve Streich of Kalispell, Montana, Co-Chairs of the International Marketing Committee
- Mike Carter of Rosholt, Wisconsin and Heidi Randall of Friesland, Wisconsin, Co-Chairs of the Industry Outreach Committee
- Steve Elfering of Idaho Falls, Idaho and Jaren Raybould of Saint Anthony, Idaho, Co-Chairs of the Domestic Marketing Committee
- Chris Hansen of Bliss, New York and Jared Smith of Alamosa, Colorado, Co-Chairs of the Research Committee
- Phil Hickman of Horntown, Virginia, Past Chairman
Myers said that up until this month, his main goal as chairman was to increase outreach to the processing community. With the impact of COVID-19 however, Myers’ priorities are shifting gears. “My main goal now is helping the U.S. to fulfill the potato needs of the American people, and helping the potato industry through this difficult time,” Myers said.
Outside of his work in the potato industry, Myers works in dairy, organic crop production, and renewable energy. He also enjoys golfing and spending time with family and friends.
More press updates from Potatoes USA
August 24, 2022
August 18, 2022